Sunday, August 21, 2011

MATC Music Occupations Program - Success Stories - PJ Barth

 "That crazy boy from Wisconsin's really got it." - Buddy Guy

"I had been playing and teaching myself guitar for a few years but didn't know anyone in the biz to get started professionally. I enrolled in the MATC music program to meet working musicians to get plugged into the scene. There I was taught by Jack Grassel, Steve Peplin and Hal Miller. Their mastery help catapult my understanding of my instrument. I've never been a great reader but my ear and understanding of structure and composition was extremely valuable. I was then able to walk into any situation and confidently hold my own. Since my time there I've been able to travel all over the country making a solid living on just gigging. I've played thousands of gigs and done some session work as well. I've been able to share the stage and open for true legends including: BB King, Buddy Guy, Robert Cray, Willie Nelson, Steve Cropper, Joe Cocker and Al Green. The MATC program helped make my dreams come true, and to be able to call many of my idols friends is the highest honor. I have MATC to help thank for that!"

P J Barth


No comments:

Post a Comment